By using Compute Types, you can adjust the computational resources allocated to an instance, aiming to optimize performance and resource utilization.
We offer the following three types of compute:
Easy instance setup.
Manually allocate resources.
Automatic adjustments based on demand.
Spheron offers Spot compute in which the allocation of computational resources remains static and fixed. This approach is straightforward and doesn't involve complex configurations.
- Setting up an instance with spot is straightforward and doesn't involve complex configurations.
- Decentralized deployment of resources occurs across a diverse set of Akash providers, and is not just limited to our own providers.
- Handling unexpected spikes in traffic can be problematic as there is no mechanism to handle the increased load.
Spheron offers On Demand compute to adjust the computational resources allocated to an instance. Users can make decisions to increase or decrease the allocated resources, such as CPU, memory, or storage, to meet changing performance requirements.
- Capability to adjust the allocated resources to align with changing demands.
- Ability to increase or decrease the number of instance replicas as needed, providing more flexibility in handling varying workloads.
- Requires user intervention to scale resources. It does not adapt automatically based on demand fluctuations.
Spheron offers Autoscale compute that dynamically adjusts the allocation of computational resources based on real-time changes in application demands. This automated process allows the system to seamlessly scale resources up or down to match varying workloads, ensuring optimal performance and efficient resource utilization.
- Enables the instance to automatically adjust resources based on demand fluctuations, ensuring optimal performance and efficient resource utilization.