How to deploy HashiCorp Vault?
NOTE: Spheron Compute offers the flexibility to create custom configurations for your instance.
Spheron allows you to deploy a compute instance pre-installed with HashiCorp Vault, all set up and ready to use on the Akash Network. To deploy a Vault:
- Click "New Cluster" on the top right corner.
- Choose "Compute" to use CPU-based instances for running containers.
- Choose your desired Compute Type option under Compute Type.
- Select Start from Marketplace App.
- Pick HashiCorp Vault from the marketplace.
- Select your preferred Region, if any. If you do not add a region, the container will be deployed in any region for Spot, or in the eu-east region for On Demand. Click here to know more.
- Spheron will automatically select the recommended plan for the specific template. If you intend to move forward with the recommended plan, just Click "Deploy" to initiate deployment.
- Select the instance plan that suits your needs. You can use the "Create Custom Plan" toggle to create custom plans for your CPU based instance.
- Configure Storage (SSD) plan for your instance. Use the "Add Persistent Storage" toggle to add persistent storage for your instance.
- You can add advanced configuration if required. Click here to know more.
- Click "Deploy" to initiate deployment.
- Token Id - The Token ID used for authentication with HashiCorp Vault. This token provides access to perform operations and retrieve secrets from the Vault.
- Listen Address - The network address and port where HashiCorp Vault will listen for incoming connections. This address determines how clients can reach the Vault server.
HashiCorp Vault can be accessed only after the Compute Instance is provisioned. Thus, you need to wait for the installation to complete before you can start using it.
- Use the
Connection URLprovided by Spheron under Port Policy Info to access the Vault dashboard.
- For login, use the
Root Tokenfrom the instance logs.
Troubleshoot: If you are unable to see any logs, click the refresh icon on the bottom right corner.
For more information, refer to the Vault docs (opens in a new tab).