How to deploy HashiCorp Vault?
NOTE: Spheron Compute offers the flexibility to create custom configurations for your instance.
Spheron allows you to deploy a compute instance pre-installed with HashiCorp Vault, all set up and ready to use on the Akash Network. To deploy a Vault:
- Click "New Cluster" on the top right corner.
- Choose "Compute" to use CPU-based instances for running containers.
- Choose your desired Compute Type option under Compute Type.
- Select Start from Marketplace App.
- Pick HashiCorp Vault from the marketplace.
- Select your preferred Region, if any. If you do not add a region, the container will be deployed in any region for Spot, or in the eu-east region for On Demand. Click here to know more.
- Spheron will automatically select the recommended plan for the specific template. If you intend to move forward with the recommended plan, just Click "Deploy" to initiate deployment.
- Select the instance plan that suits your needs. You can use the "Create Custom Plan" toggle to create custom plans for your CPU based instance.
- Configure Storage (SSD) plan for your instance. Use the "Add Persistent Storage" toggle to add persistent storage for your instance.
- You can add advanced configuration if required. Click here to know more.
- Click "Deploy" to initiate deployment.
- Token Id - The Token ID used for authentication with HashiCorp Vault. This token provides access to perform operations and retrieve secrets from the Vault.
- Listen Address - The network address and port where HashiCorp Vault will listen for incoming connections. This address determines how clients can reach the Vault server.
Deploy your own HashiCorp Vault with Spheron:
HashiCorp Vault can be accessed only after the Compute Instance is provisioned. Thus, you need to wait for the installation to complete before you can start using it.
- Use the
Connection URLprovided by Spheron under Port Policy Info to access the Vault dashboard.
- For login, use the
Root Tokenfrom the instance logs.
Troubleshoot: If you are unable to see any logs, click the refresh icon on the bottom right corner.
For more information, refer to the Vault docs (opens in a new tab).